Wordhoard provides copyediting services and proofreading supports with a focus on academic research, as well as tourism and strategy documents.
It makes sense to get help with editing and proofreading to make sure that the findings you have made can be communicated effectively to the widest possible audience.
We specialise in editing research in the spheres of international relations and literary studies. Particularly sensitive topics are often referred to us because of the care we take to preserve the integrity of each piece of original research.
Some of the work produced by Wordhoard’s clients has the potential to produce significant change. When your articles are going to be circulated among specialist and non-specialist audiences, or used by aid agencies and governments as they make plans about future funding, it is important that your arguments are easy to grasp and memorable, as well as nuanced.
Our focus is on editing the work of tenured and early-career academics, who work with us on a private basis or have our proofreading and editing services commissioned via their universities.
Do get in touch if Wordhoard sounds like a good fit for your project.
Siobhán is an exceptional professional with attention to detail and deep understanding of the importance of nuance and tone in writing. She has been instrumental in developing winning research funding applications and high quality published outputs, and can turn complex ideas into concise, well-written text without losing the essential meanings. My academic colleagues who work with Siobhán are consistently impressed with her intellectual engagement with the subject matter as well as her speed of turnaround and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Thea Gibbs (Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations, Coventry University)
Sample copyediting projects include:
- Mahmoud Soliman, Resource Mobilization in Palestinian Nonviolent Campaigns (Washington: ICNC Press, 2022)
- Aroussi, S., Jakala, M, Badurdeen, F.A. and Verhoest, X. Body Maps of Resistance: Understanding everyday resistance to violent extremism in Kenya, (University of Leeds: 2020). https://doi.org/10.5518/100/50
- Irish Review – The Hunger Strikes Reconsidered (Cork University Press, 2020)
- Ozerdem, A., Thiessen, C., Qassoum, M. (eds), Conflict Transformation and the Palestinians (Routledge: 2017)
- Aroussi, S. (ed.), Rethinking National Action Plans on Women, Peace and Security, NATO Science for Peace and Security series (IOS Press: 2017)
- Journal of Conflict Transformation and Security (2015 – 2020) [Journal moved to new editorship]
- Chapsos, I., Kitchen, C. (eds.) Strengthening Maritime Security Through Cooperation, NATO Science for Peace and Security series (IOS Press: 2015)
An Ethical Approach
All of our academic services are provided with careful attention to the ethical issues involved in helping people to produce original and authentic academic work. The aim is to help you articulate important research findings clearly and effectively.
Wordhoard also provides copywriting services for universities and tourism organisations. Projects include international funding applications, strategy documents, and guides which seek to bridge the gap between subject specialists and more general audiences.
For a quotation, please fill in Wordhoard’s client agreement form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.