‘West Cork Music’s vision for the next generation
is for a truly great and acoustically sophisticated
Music Centre that will serve as a world-class venue,
a community hub, a music teaching resource
for Bantry and West Cork, and a home of our own
for the long-term sustainability of our festivals.
We have been dreaming this dream for over twenty years now,
and many – myself included – have wondered
if it would remain just a dream.
That is about to change.’
Francis Humphrys, CEO, West Cork Music
Opening Remarks | Masters of Tradition |21 August 2019
ETB Questionnaire & Consent Form
West Cork Music – the organisation behind the West Cork Chamber Music Festival, the West Cork Literary Festival and Masters of Tradition – is pursuing a Capital Project which will see the creation of an Education Centre alongside a world-class concert venue in the heart of Bantry town. (You can find details of the project at https://bantrymusiccentre.ie).
McCullough Mulvin Architects have been appointed as the design team after an international competition. We are now working on developing their stunning framework design for the venue and Education Centre, which will – as flexibly as possible – support music learning from grassroots up in Bantry for years to come.
As we work on those designs, we are keen to gain a better understanding of the kinds of spaces and resources needed to support ETB courses, specifically:
- Music Management and Sound – Levels 1 and 2
- Radio and Podcasting – Levels 1 and 2
- Traditional Irish Music – Levels 1 and 2 (2 is not yet offered in Cork, but we are looking ahead)
We would really appreciate your input so that we can give the architects and the West Cork Music Capital Project team a better understanding of how ETB students can be supported.
I understand that
- My responses will be used to provide West Cork Music and its design partners with contextual information about the space/resource requirements of ETB courses
- Anonymised data may be used or cited by West Cork Music and its partners in its preparation of documents related to the design and operation of the West Cork Music Capital project.
- The sharing of data with WCM has been authorised by the ETB and will incur no legal, financial, or other consequences for contributors or the ETB.
I will give my consent by filling in my name and the date on the form below.