Things have got a lot busier at Wordhoard over the last year, and it’s time to expand a little bit. If you think you’d be a good fit for our new admin & editorial assistant role, do get in touch!
Wordhoard Communications – Admin & Editorial Assistant (Virtual)
We are looking for a virtual assistant to provide administrative and editorial support for our work at Wordhoard Communications. We help businesses and communities to understand and connect with audiences across Ireland and worldwide.
What kind of work does Wordhoard do?
- Research, strategy development, training and mentoring services for tourism and retail businesses, as well as communities and national organisations.
- Tourism consultancy services (including destination and product development supports).
- Copywriting and editing services across fields including tourism, retail, and international relations.
What do we need?
We are looking for a responsible person with excellent writing, organisation, and communications skills to:
- Manage and update online and offline records.
- Make simple changes to website text (training provided).
- Carry out and report on online research tasks.
- Manage financial admin tasks.
The role may expand over time, on agreement, with greater scope being given for copywriting work and editing.
What are the requirements?
Ideally, you will be based in Cork, but wherever you are you will be able to work for Wordhoard remotely, completing tasks set and tracked via a simple online dashboard (Asana).
- Experience in a relevant admin and/or writing-focused role.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and Dropbox.
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office, Google Sheets).
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar).
- Excellent phone and email communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
We offer flexible working and so you will be able to accept/reject tasks and complete them at times that suit you, within agreed deadlines. Initially, we would expect to be offering you around 4 hours per week.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and an introductory email with an indication of rates, to Siobhán Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org
30th August 2021, 5pm.